Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies, referred to hereafter as the “Cummings Graduate Institute” or “CGI”, is a private nonprofit institution offering graduate and professional behavioral health education through a virtual online campus.
Cummings Graduate Institute takes great pride in awarding the unique and innovative Doctor of Behavioral Health degree, referred to hereafter as “DBH.”
Cummings Graduate Institute of Behavioral Health Studies is dedicated to disrupting healthcare by preparing entrepreneurial integrated care professionals through innovative & affordable quality distance education programs, grounded in the Biodyne Model, and focused on delivering human-centered care, population health improvements, and medical cost savings.
To improve the way the world experiences healthcare.
Through our Values, CGI demonstrates to our students, faculty, staff, partners, and larger community that we are a disruptive institution, aimed at making a difference for all those who interact with us. Our Values are based in the Biodyne Mindset: the ability to find the right approach from a toolkit of options.
- Partnership and Collaboration: Work to engage stakeholders, across disciplines, and with respect for others' points of view, to find solutions.
- People First: Seek to listen, understand, anticipate and respond to the need of others. We build relationships that result in life change.
- Teamwork: Encourage and support one another. Our major accomplishments are a result of synergy.
- Trust: Act with integrity, we build trust in each other and in our partners.
- Impact: Make a difference in our local and global communities.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Find a need and fill it.
- Accountability: Work hard and own up.
- Access and Diversity: Promote inclusion and fairness.
Equity and Inclusion
Everyone is welcome at Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies, whatever your heritage, whomever you choose to love, however your family is formed, whatever your politics, and however you arrived here. CGI promotes equity and inclusion across our entire organization, and in all work that we do in our communities.
As a people-first institution, we welcome the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of our students, faculty, staff, and partners, and actively cultivate a culture of belonging, collaboration, innovation, and mutual respect.
As such, we hope that CGI will be a place where you are inspired, supported, and empowered to contribute to the critical mission, vision, values, and goals of our institution.
- Leonard Fowler on How Doctors of Behavioral Health Change Healthcare