Name of Institution: Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies
Address: 16515 S. 40th St. Ste.143, Phoenix, AZ 85048
Year Founded: 2015
First Accredited: 2019
Accreditation Renewal: 2022
CEO: Cara English, DBH
Accreditations and Agency Contact Information:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), 1101 17th Street NW, Suite 808, Washington, D.C. 20036, Phone: (202) 234- 5100, Email: email@example.com, https://www.deac.org
State Approval and Contact Information:
Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education, 1740 West Adams Suite 3008, Phoenix, AZ 85007, Phone: (602) 542-5709, Fax: (602) 542-1253, www.azppse.gov or www.ppse.az.gov.
Cummings Graduate Institute is currently authorized, licensed, registered, exempt or not subject to approval regarding student enrollment as outlined on the State Authorization and Accreditation page. Cummings Graduate Institute works with states directly to ensure that authorization or licensure is necessary and that required approvals are secured. While we do monitor the laws in each state, authorization of distance education is a dynamic environment and prospective students should check Cummings Graduate Institute’s website often for updates.
CGI cannot confirm whether the DBH Program mets educational requirements for professional licensure in any state at this time. Students are advised to contact state licensing boards to determine whether the DBH Program meets educational requirements for licensure in the state where the student resides. Students understand that they are responsible for researching their state laws and workplace/site policies related to use of the Doctor title as a Doctor of Behavioral Health.
Specialist and Professional Accreditation for the Doctor of Behavioral Health Degree Program:
The Doctor of Behavioral Health Program at Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies is accredited by the National Institute for Behavioral Health Quality (NIBHQ), 5757 Wilshire Blvd Ste 6, Los Angeles, CA 90036, (714) 927-4439, http://www.nibhq.org. NIBHQ accreditation was granted to the Institute's DBH program for meeting all NIBHQ criteria for the doctoral program.
The mission of NIBHQ is to provide accreditation to behavioral healthcare programs. NIBHQ is a profession specific agency that awards accreditation based on standards developed by behavioral healthcare professionals. The NIBHQ awards accreditation only to those entities that can meet and maintain adherence to standards specifically developed to promote quality in delivering quality behavioral healthcare education.
The NIBHQ only accredits the professional (practice) aspects of a doctoral level program. A training program that is licensed to award a behavioral health care doctoral degree is eligible to apply for provisional accreditation and upon approval of its curriculum and structure, qualifies for NIBHQ Provisional Accreditation. A program is eligible to apply for and receive NIBHQ Full Accreditation after graduating two consecutive classes of doctoral candidates. Once fully accredited, a program is subject to periodic review whenever it undergoes substantive changes, or on a regular time schedule of every five years, or as otherwise determined by the NIBHQ. NIBHQ accreditation is subject to revocation if any proposed changes are implemented by an accredited program and subsequently rejected or found incompatible with NIBHQ program standards.
NIBHQ is not an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Government Authorized Foreign Student Programs:
Cummings Graduate Institute does not participate in any student visa/I-20 program.
Participation in Funding Programs:
At this time, Cummings Graduate Institute is not recognized by a nationally or regionally accrediting body supported by the United States Department of Education, and does not have a IFAP School Code.
Cummings Graduate Institute scholarship programs:
Cummings Graduate Institute does not offer institute scholarships at this time.
Mission & Description:
Cummings Graduate Institute of Behavioral Health Studies is dedicated to disrupting healthcare by preparing entrepreneurial integrated care professionals through innovative & affordable quality distance education programs, grounded in the Biodyne Model, and focused on delivering human-centered care, population health improvements, and medical cost savings.
Areas of Special Focus: Behavioral Health, Integrated Healthcare
Description of Institution:
Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies is a private nonprofit institution offering graduate and professional behavioral health education through a virtual online campus. Cummings Graduate Institute takes great pride in awarding the unique and innovative Doctor of Behavioral Health degree, referred to hereafter as “DBH.”
Student Demographic Profile:
|American Indian or Alaskan Native||6.00%|
|Black or African American||47.00%|
|Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander||9.09%|
|Two or more races||0.00%|
DBH Program Outcomes
- Consult effectively with the medical team as a behavioral health expert using knowledge of medical culture and acute, chronic, and comorbid conditions.
- Deliver evidence-based screening, assessment, and behavioral interventions appropriate for primary care and specialty medical settings.
- Design cost-effective population health approaches to treating chronic and comorbid conditions while addressing social determinants of health.
- Design and evaluate evidence based practice for behavioral conditions in medical settings based on principles of quality improvement.
- Create a business case based on a population health approach to improving access to quality, integrated healthcare.
Average Program Tuition/Cost per credit hour:
|Degree||Tuition per credit Hour||Total number of credit hours||Tuition Total
(dependent upon number of transfer credits)
|DBH||$350||60||$18,000 - $21,150|
Graduation Rate: 100%
- CGI uses a variation of the IPEDS graduation rate calculation as follows:
- Graduation Rate = # of students who completed their program within the maximum timeframe (5 years) / # of students in the entering cohort x 100.
- 100% of CGI’s first cohort and second cohorts of students graduated within the maximum timeframe
2016-2018 Student Satisfaction Rate: 100%
- CGI uses student end-of-term surveys to measure the satisfaction of students on a term-by-term basis. In addition to specific course-related questions, CGI asks the following three questions in every end-of-term survey:
- Did you achieve, or will you have achieved upon completion of your studies, the goals you had when you started this course or program?
- Would you recommend these studies to a friend?
- All things considered, were you satisfied with your studies with us?
- In Fall 2016, Spring I 2017, and Spring II 2017 academic terms, 100% of students responded “yes” to these three questions, providing a 100% student satisfaction rate for the academic year to date. In Summer 2017, no student responses were captured.
- In Fall 2017, Spring I 2018, and Spring II 2018 academic terms, 100% of students responded “yes” to these three questions, providing a 100% student satisfaction rate for the academic year to date. In Summer 2018, no student responses were captured.