Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies, referred to hereafter as the “Cummings Graduate Institute” or “CGI”, is a private nonprofit institution offering graduate and professional behavioral health education through a virtual online campus.
Cummings Graduate Institute takes great pride in awarding the unique and innovative Doctor of Behavioral Health degree, referred to hereafter as “DBH.” This Catalog provides policies, procedures, and information on the Doctor of Behavioral Health Program at Cummings Graduate Institute.
To educate integrated care professionals to best deliver whole-person healthcare to diverse communities and to improve access to quality healthcare for all people.
To improve the way the world experiences healthcare.
Through our Values, CGI demonstrates to our students, faculty, staff, partners, and larger community that we are a disruptive institution, aimed at making a difference for all those who interact with us. Our Values are based in the Biodyne Mindset: the ability to find the right approach from a toolkit of options.
- Partnership and Collaboration: Work to engage stakeholders, across disciplines, and with respect for others' points of view, to find solutions.
- People First: Seek to listen, understand, anticipate and respond to the need of others. We build relationships that result in life change.
- Teamwork: Encourage and support one another. Our major accomplishments are a result of synergy.
- Trust: Act with integrity, we build trust in each other and in our partners.
- Impact: Make a difference in our local and global communities.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Find a need and fill it.
- Accountability: Work hard and own up.
- Access and Diversity: Promote inclusion and fairness.
- Leonard Fowler on How Doctors of Behavioral Health Change Healthcare
- Dr. Larry Ford on the Biodyne Mindset